Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Grounds Keeper Crew Worker
We are hiring a Grounds Keeper crew worker to join our team. Will be required to operate a Weed Eater, help maintain the Speedway facility grounds, equipment and other duties.
Grounds Keeper Crew Worker Responsibilities:
- Operation of Weed Eater
- Remove dirt and maintain cleanliness of all sidewalks and surrounding areas.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following all OSHA and Speedway guidelines.
- Always maintain grounds in a high standard, continually look for garbage and trash throughout the facility, ensure all garbage is removed from cans and other areas, replace garbage cans and bags as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Maintenance Director
Grounds Keeper Crew Worker Requirements:
- Good Customer Service
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually or with others
- Teamwork, Dedication, Customer Service, Self-Motivated, High Energy Level, Multi-tasking,
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2020 season begins April 4 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 28.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.