Join Our Team
We are always looking for self-motivated individuals to join our team. Lucas Oil Speedway is an equal opportunity employer.
Manual Scorer / Pit Casher
Seasonal / Part Time
As the Manual Score, you will be responsible for maintaining and accurately record race scoring based
upon visual observation of race vehicles on the track.
- Maintains and accurately records race scoring based upon visual observation of race vehicles
- Provides information to Public Address Announcer as it is verified and pursuant to
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Completes required training as mandated by Speedway management.
- Conducts sales transactions in ticketing or other areas as assigned
- Maintains accurate records of all transactions and turns in all monies and receipts at the conclusion of assigned shift.
- Maintains overall cleanliness to the highest standards at all times in all areas.
- Strong knowledge of auto racing and its rules.
- Ability to pay attention throughout the entirety of a race without missing any race action
- Keep track of every car on the track and as they exit in which order they fall out
- Assist with correct stats, and lineup changes
- Must have a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Keep a professional demeanor with the ability to interact with fans, staff members, drivers
- Teamwork, Leadership Skills, Self-motivated, High energy level, Excellent Verbal Communications Skills
- Good Customer Service Skills
- Ability to Count Money and Make Change
About Lucas Oil Speedway
The Lucas Oil Speedway is considered by Industry Insiders to be one of the top five Race Tracks in the Nation. Located in Wheatland Missouri, about an hour north of Springfield and only about an hour and a half from Kansas City. Referred to by many as "The Diamond of Race Tracks" and it certainly lives up to that title. Twenty one luxury VIP suites, a giant HD Jumbo Tron Screen, Musco Sports lighting, a Bose Stadium sound system, Go Kart Track for all ages, The Diamond Bar, the best track food in the country, and the nicest pits in dirt track racing are just a few of the amenities that set us apart. In 2011 the Inaugural Diamond Drag Boat Nationals made a splash at the Brand New Liquid Quarter Mile, Lake Lucas. Known as the only purpose-built drag boat racing lake in the world, more than 140 drag boats competed in the first ever event.
We host some of the largest dirt track events in the Midwest featuring some of the biggest names in racing including: The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, POWRi Midget National Series, The Lucas Oil Pro-Pulling League, Casey's General Stores USMTS Modifieds, ASCS Sprint Cars, and The Lucas Oil MLRA.
The Lucas Oil Speedway 2020 season begins April 4 with the Big Adventure RV Weekly Racing Series opener. An open test and tune is scheduled for March 28.
For ticket information, including season passes for all events, contact Admissions Director Nichole McMillan at (417) 282-5984.
Lucas Oil Speedway is located at Highways 83 and 54 in Wheatland, Missouri. A campground with shower and bathroom facilities is also available. With its entrance located just outside the pit gate this sprawling scenic camping facility will continue to enhance the racing experience at the Diamond of Dirt Tracks.
Click LucasOilSpeedway.com for more information and detailed directions to the speedway or call the Track Hotline at (417) 282-5984.